My first run in with green tea was about 2 years ago. I took one sip and nearly spat it all out. It tasted like dirty sock water, or the dandelions. Right after trying it I told my mom what I thought of green tea. She suggested adding a little honey. So I did. I got the same result.
I really wished I liked it because of all the benefits it had (We’ll get to those in a minute). So I began on the pursuit of GOOD tasting green tea. After a few trials and errors of a couple flavours I finally found one I liked. Lipton Green Tea Super-fruit. They have a variety of flavours like acai, black currant vanilla and raspberry goji. I have yet to find one I don’t like! I try to drink a cup every morning, I add a little lemon juice and a packet of stevia, then ice it and viola! Delicious tea in minutes.
So now lets find out the benefits.
Benefits of Green Tea
- Green tea helps reduce your risk of getting cancer! The antioxidants in this tea are 100 more times effective than vitamin C and 25 times more effective than vitamin e!
- Green tea helps lower your bad cholesterol.
- It can speed up the recovery process of heart cells after a heart attack.
- Green tea also has a age fighting anti-oxidant called polyphenols.
- Green tea naturally raises your metabolism.
- Green tea can help you burn up to an extra 70 calories a a day.
- Green tea protects your skin agains wrinkles.
- Green tea can help prevent breakouts.
- Green tea can help prevent the risk of arthritis.
- Green tea protects your cartilage by blocking the enzyme that breaks cartilage down.
- Green tea can prevent sharp increases in blood sugar.
- Green tea can help slow the process of Alzheimer’s by increasing your memory.
- Green tea helps prevent against cell damage in the brain which can help reduce the risk of Parkinson’s.
- Green tea destroys harmful free radicals in fatty livers.
- Green tea helps prevent high blood pressure.
- Green tea can help sooth your stomach when you have food poisoning.
- Helps boost your immune system.
- Its packed with Vitamin C
- Green tea relaxes the muscles that support the bronchial tubes which reduces the severity of your asthma attacks.
- Soak a cotton ball in green tea and use it to help cure your ear infection!
- Destroys bacteria that causes bad breath and dental diseases.
- Helps relieve stress and anxiety
- Helps relieve allergies!
- Stops HIV from spreading.
As you can see one cup of the stuff a day can really help you out! Add in the acai berry (My favourite flavour) or any of the other super-fruits and BAM you’ve just added numerous extra benefits!